Mar 21, 2009

Surprise! I'm more than a river in Egypt!

The Northwestern College Choir concert was last night. It was . . . so good.

For those of you unfamiliar with the choir, at the end of every concert they sing "Jesus, I Adore Thee." It's the 'family song' of the College Choir.

All through the concert, I was able to keep from missing the college choir too much (not the people, but the choir thing. I definitely miss the people in college choir a LOT!). There were a few points that were particularly beautiful, sorrowful, or joyful.

And then the women started singing "Jesus, I adore Thee, Word of truth and grace . . ."

It hit me then. And I realized how easy it is to believe that you don't really miss a thing. But you do.

4 comments:

Guy Magno said...

I'm going on Sunday. I am curious how it will be.

Guy Magno said...

I should clarify. Not curious about the quality. Curious about how I will do. I miss it.

Guy Magno said...

I get it. Your in da Nile.

Eva Joy said...

Agreed.

Every time I go back to camp I spend most of the week (or weekend) reminding myself of all the things that drive me nuts about camp ministry.

It hurts less that way.