Jun 19, 2009

I've Discovered My Inner Child. He Comes Out in the Rain.

It has been a long stretch at camp. A good stretch, but a long one. And with the business of life just prior to camp (packing, moving, cleaning, camping, Memorial Day Weekend, and just life), these 48 hours are . . . thrillingly dull. If that makes sense.

Thrilling in the sense that I'm very very excited to have them, but dull in that I'm not really doing anything out of the ordinary.


One of the biggest highlights from camp:

The rainstorm yesterday. It had been building all week and when it broke, it broke hard. Two hours of torrential downpour (funny how those words always go together. Just like "damaged goods" or "learning curve"). Lightning. Rolling thunder. And one of the best days I've had at camp. Ever.

I love when I can just let go of my duties and go be. As the photographer, it's sometimes hard to just stop doing my job (even now I'm feeling guilty for just sitting). But when I do, it's amazing. I ran around yelling and playing in the rain and felt about the same age as the junior highers I was around, but that made it all the better.

OK. This post has gone on for too long, but it's been awhile since I've written an update. Done now, I promise.

No comments: