Aug 27, 2009

Post 101

Well, I now have 4 full days left in the U.S. Crazy. Unfortunately, the whole future experience has yet to become real to me. I'm not sure why, but it seems in my mind like I'm only going back to the Cities.

I think that's because I've had to help my parents move (that's right. My entire last week at home is spent packing box after box, then moving box after box.), so I haven't had a chance to think about my own experiences very much.

But one week from this moment, I'll be spending my second night in Africa.

I think another reason for my inability to accept the fact that my life is moving more than 6,000 miles away is that I haven't talked a whole lot about what my life will be like once I'm there. To people who know what it's like, that is.

(Side note: I just left the computer midpost - completely forgetting what I was doing. For 2 hours!)

Well, I suppose that's about all for now. Sorry that this post is a little . . . whiny.

1 comment:

Laura said...

"Unfortunately, the whole future experience has yet to become real to me."

Just the other day I was walking on campus, and looking around and thinking, "Um, holy crap I live in Lithuania." And we've already been here a year!

Blessings on your travels and packing! Look forward to reading about your adventures :)