May 3, 2010

In Which the Author Has Six Remaining Weeks in the Current School Year

Six weeks from today I'll be in Paris.

It's hard to believe that almost a whole school year has gone by and I am almost done with my first year of teaching.

That being said, I have SO much to do before the end of the year and I'm already planning out how I can get it all done and remain sane at the same time. Cleaning my bathroom, beginning to write my exams, and determining student grades thus far: these are the things I've been doing to prepare for the end of the year.

One of the main stress points is that the week of exams at the end of the term will be June 7-11. June 12th I'm leaving Nigeria for the summer. That means I will have less than 24 hours to ensure that all of my grades are in the computer, class comments are written, bags are packed, things I'm leaving behind are safely stored for the summer, and house is cleaned. It will be a stressful day. I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get.

But then I'll have a few weeks in Europe to "relax."

(On a completely different note, I went to a Lebanese church service last night - First Communion for a student at school. It was really beautiful! The whole service was in Arabic and most of the words were sung/chanted in the Middle Eastern fashion, which made a simple yet elegant atmosphere. I loved it.)

1 comment:

philthecarl said...

will you be stopping by my neck of the woods?

Will be in prayer for you brother.