Dec 16, 2008

Stones

Random Note: I just took the Meyers-Briggs Personality Test. I'm an ENFP for those of you who know what that means. And now on to the real reason for this post.

My last post has kept me thinking. To be honest, I was a bit surprised when I hit the "Publish Post" button, because I hadn't been intending on doing so. But as I was thinking about that, I began to think about the reasons for my publishing that post. And to be honest, it was what I needed. I needed to write it and I needed to know that my words could possibly help someone. I started this blog with the intention of putting my thoughts down where everyone could see - and I started it selfishly. I wanted more readers. I wanted more people to know what the mind of Warren MacLeod looks like. And I am ashamed of that fact. Instead of trying to use this blog to encourage the body of Christ, I began using it with the purpose of encouraging my ego (as though it needs more encouragement).

Frankly, I'm a little surprised at my honesty on this blog lately. I hope it doesn't stop. Lies and deception do nothing to build up the body of Christ in the long run. Pretenses and selfishness are stones cast at the Body. So no more.

". . . Therefore, I will boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9b

No comments: