Mar 3, 2009

Atticus is the Best

Atticus Finch may be my favorite character from any work of fiction that I've read. He has wisdom, compassion, integrity, and self-sacrifice in abundance.

And I love that his kids think that he's boring and old.

If you haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, I would suggest that you bring it to the front of your reading list (The only other books that I would allow before it are 1. the Bible, 2. books for classes, 3. it would tie with Uncle Tom's Cabin for when it should be read).

Question of the Day: What work of fiction or fictional characters have impacted you on a profound level?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love To Kill A Mockingbird.

I always think that the name "Atticus" looks best when it is written with the "a" in lower case.

I will have to do some thinking about the profoundness of fictional characters before I can give an answer. Does it have to be literary characters (now that I'm on the comment page I'm forgetting the question).

W. MacLeod said...

:) Yep, it's supposed to be literary characters, but I suppose characters from any work of fiction would do (i.e. a movie)

Kristina said...

Emily from Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery was one of my favorite and most relatable fictional characters growing up. I loved how she was a writer and felt everything so deeply.

And, not to be a Christian cliche or anything, but Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia. Not that he reminds me of myself or anything, I just love him :)