Goals for 2011
1. Become a better teacher by: a) becoming more consistent with grading, and b) being more firm with classroom management.
2. Memorize the first two chapters of Philippians.
3. Visit a new continent and three new countries.
4. Write and finish at least two short stories.
5. Take 30 good portraits.
6. Read the following books:
- War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
- Godric - Frederick Buechener
- Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe
- Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
- Middlemarch - George Eliot
- For Whom the Bell Tolls - Earnest Hemingway
- Bleak House - Charles Dickens
- One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- On the Road - Jack Kerouac
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne
- The Twelfth Night - William Shakespeare
- Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
- Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner
- Remembering Laughter - Wallace Stegner
- 15 other "new-to-me" books. I'm open for suggestions.