Feb 3, 2011

About Prayer and, Unfortunately, Samwise Gamgee

 I would love your prayers.

Nerd Alert: I was watching the end of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers today (we never have time to watch a complete movie of LOTR because they're so freaking long!), and something that Sam said really resonated with me, especially now in my situation. He said, "Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding onto something." Now, I realize how corny and cliche it is to quote from Lord of the Rings and apply it to your life, but I'm feeling like a person in that story. I now have a chance to "turn back" to America and enjoy a potentially comfortable life among people that I love and culture that is familiar. But I won't. (This is not a dig at those of you who live in America. I just know that my life isn't there for . . . awhile yet.)

So, tomorrow morning I have an interview with Horizon Japan International School in Yokohama, Japan. It is my second interview with the school. It looks decent, and I would definitely be ok teaching there.

However, on Saturday, I also have an interview with a principal at a school in Qingdao, China. This looks much more interesting and it looks like something more closely aligned to my goals in life. I'm quite far into the application process for the school, and I'm really feeling a pull in that direction.

So I would love your prayers. I realize that some of you may not even read this until I have already had both interviews, but I would still love prayers for guidance and peace about wherever I'm going to be living next.

No comments: