May 29, 2011

On a Busy, but Fun, Weekend

Already this weekend I have:

-Been covered in a disgusting concoction of my students' design (spaghetti, ketchup, mustard, chocolate syrup, etc)

-Watched some of my students in a choir concert (I was SO proud!).

-Sang "The Hallelujah Chorus" in said concert.

-Gone to a Lebanese celebration in which I had shawarma (maybe my favorite food ever), fresh za'atar with yogurt, tomato, mint, olives, and cucumber, and then these little pastries that are filled with spinach. We saw a lot of students and had a great time.

-Started making a list of things I need to bring to China and things I am going to leave here.

And now I'm off to church for the last time (probably) in Nigeria, then out to spend the night at the South Africans' compound. I'm so glad we have the day off of school tomorrow!

No comments: