Oct 6, 2009

Finally Some Photos

So I've been atrocious at putting photos here on my blog. I apologize. I put some photos on facebook, which seemed enough to me, but I've been contacted (twice now) with some suggestions to put some photos on my blog for those friends who don't have facebook (of whom I ask forgiveness!). So here are some photos. The first is a typical street scene in Ibadan. Almost every side street looks the same. Though it's not as clean as the States, I think I like it more. It has a lot of character.

The next picture is of the view of Ibadan out my window. Every morning when I wake up, I see the sun rising above the red dirt soccer field across Onireke Road.

After waking up and showering, I head downstairs to my kitchen and lower dining room for some breakfast. After breakfast (which usually consists of bread with jelly and tea with milk) I head up to my upper dining room for devos and getting ready for the day. Then it's off to school to be a teacher.

On one side of the school is scene out my window. On the other side of the school, this is what you see. Though I'm not entirely sure what this is, but it's beautiful.


The next two pictures are images of two people that I met outside of a church I've been to a few times. In the first, I asked to take her picture because I'm consistently amazed at how Nigerians can carry anything on their heads (I watched the groom in a wedding I went to carry his wedding cake on his head. Down a flight of stairs. And through several doorways. Ridiculous!).

This next picture is of a boy who was asking me to take his picture. "Camera me! Camera me!" he was saying.

In this picture, I'm with Philemon, the son of one of the administrators here. I knew right away that I would enjoy this kid, and I was right. He's awesome! He fell asleep on my arm at a nighttime prayer meeting.

For the wedding I went to, I decided to dress like a Nigerian. I really like it a lot, though the material sticks when you start to sweat. Not so much fun. I'm currently awaiting my own set of Nigerian clothes. Can't wait!

There are no new pictures here due to the fact that my computer is stubbornly refusing to start up at the moment. Hopefully that will pass and I'll have a computer/be able to put up some new pictures soon. If not, I'll figure something else out.

I hope your day goes well!

No comments: